Blog // // Archive //
Basically I just post whatever I wanna post here.

28.11.13

10 Ways to Do Adulthood Well

source: Relevant Magazine

4. Don't live with unhealthy assumption
Some of us live in an imaginary world. In this imaginary world, a person spends hours thinking about hypothetical questions (“What if they think ______ about me?”) which quickly turn into to assumptions (“He/she probably thinks ________ about me”). Sometimes we make decisions and develop emotions and even damage relationships based on assumptions that may not be true. I know from experience this will drive you crazy. If you don’t know something to be true, don’t live as if it’s true. Reality’s complicated enough. Why add an imaginary layer on top of it?

I think this is my most critical issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment